Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Up and At 'Em!

8:00 a.m.: This morning is the first in three weeks where I was able to awake to the sound of the 6:10 a.m. alarm and get up on my own power to get Katrina to school. Yes, the mugs of coffee are extremely helpful!


I'm still tired by normal standards, but compared to the flat out exhaustion I've felt for so long, this is wonderful! I've got to remember to pace myself... vision fuzzy -- not good when applying eye makeup :) ...



okay -- it's 10 a.m. and I'd really like a nap right now. But I'm heading back to Kaiser for my second phlebotomy (11 a.m. appt).

3:00 p.m. -- Today's visit was an adventure -- we got a pint of blood in about 50 minutes today, thanks to the aspirin I took this morning. My blood pressure is too high (170/112), so I got to meet with a cardiologist, too. He started me on a diuretic and blood pressure medicine. He believes the high blood pressure is a caused by the blood issues. (I'm probably one of the only overweight people whose BP is ordinarily normal to low).

good news: The hematocrit fell from 69.1 to 63.4 after the first phlebotemy; should fall more after today's blood draw.

Still waiting for more lab results. Next phlebotomy is scheduled for Monday.

How does that song go? "the waiting is the hardest part..."

As I sat there today and saw patients come in for their chemotherapy treatments, I'm reminded to be grateful for all the good things in my life. I am a lucky girl, indeed!

Life is one big adventure!

No comments: